I feel like the Superbowl is a setup, how are we supposed to keep our NEW YEAR, NEW YOU momentum when the expectation is to consume 5,000 calories during the game??? You don't have to go down that path and your healthy option can be more than the carrots & celery on the side of your Wingstop order! Our Chefs have put together some great recipes to make you Superbowl experience fun AND healthy!
Thai Peanut Sauce
Red Onion, thinly sliced
Optional: Rotisserie Chicken, shredded
*Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Make the flatbreads. Bake until lightly browned or heated through.
Sides: Salsa, Guacamole, Sour Cream, Jalapenos, Chopped Onions or thin sliced green onions, Shredded Lettuce
*Preheat oven to 350. In a skillet brown ground beef and add taco seasoning much like making tacos. Spray a muffin
Pan with Pam and place one wonton wrapper. Then add a little ground meat and cheese then layer another wonton
Wrapper and repeat. Bake 8-10 minutes. Do not over brown. Serve with Sides.
There are endless options with these mini pizzas!! Play around with your favorite flavors to make your go-to quick meal, or prepare a fun and topping table and allow your guests to make their own creations. Here are some options for pizza toppings you can try:
- Grilled chicken, sundried tomatoes and basil
- Veggie pizza (bell peppers, mushrooms, onions, and olives)
- Hawaiian pizza (Turkey bacon, pineapple chunks, red pepper flakes)
- Meat lovers... all the meat you love, just throw it on!
- Philly Cheesesteaks (Sautéed steak meat, shredded cheese and sautéed onions and peppers)
I am a pizza lover at heart, it's the perfect dinner to accommodate a lazy movie night. But on my quest to live a healthier life, with the determination to salvage great flavor in my recipes, I came up with this shortcut to Guilt-free Mini pizzas that you, your family and friends will love.
- Flatbread rounds
- Roma tomatoes
- Turkey bacon
- Mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- Italian seasoning
* Please feel free to interchange your pizza toppings, it's your pizza, make it how you like it!!
- Thinly slice your tomatoes (equivalent to how they would be on a sandwich); this layer will serve as your 'Sauce' layer.
- Slice your mushrooms
- Cut the turkey bacon up into a dice
- Roughly chop your spinach leaves (this will wilt in the oven so they do not have to be perfect.
Time to assemble:
- Take 1 set of rounds (equals 2 mini pizzas), line them up on a baking sheet and drizzle 1 tsp of olive oil on both rounds. *Olive oil is a healthy fat that will help the rounds crisp up in the oven
- Place 3-4 slice of tomatoes down on each round. And then add your shredded cheese. *When tomatoes are roasted, they release their natural juices and sugars; this will act as your "sauce" and save you money and eliminate the added salt or preservatives that are found in store-bought pizza sauces.
- Now put the bacon, mushrooms and spinach on your pizza and sprinkle with the Italian Seasoning mix. *Italian Seasoning is a great short cut to season any meal; it's a mixture of dried oregano, parsley, basil all in one bottle- pretty much like the Italian virgin of Créole seasoning for Cajun dishes
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 10-15 minutes or until your toppings have cooked through and your flatbread rounds are crispy. Allow the pizza to cool and enjoy!!